Department of Sociology
- Just how valuable are Yelp and Amazon ratings?
- Black America is far from a monolith.
- Efforts at controlling the powers of concentrated wealth has been an ongoing problem within society. Some believe overcoming the issue involves looking back at the foundations of democratic societies.
- What factors make a political movement successful? Can internet searches reveal patterns of economic inequality? How do racial and gender biases influence health outcomes?
- Alejandro Portes, the Howard Harrison and Gabrielle Snyder Beck Professor of Sociology, Emeritus, and senior scholar in sociology, has been awarded the 2019 Princess of Asturias Award in the Social Sciences. The Princess of Asturias Awards are the highest form of recognition bestowed by the Spanish Crown and among the most important prizes...
- The scientist at the front of the room hunched over and splayed his arms out to his sides. Waddling a bit like a penguin, he shuffled his feet over to one side, then the other as he described how the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity had recently explored a part of the planet Mars. Suddenly he looked up, his eyes searching for the ethnographer in...
- Frederick Wherry, a professor of sociology at Princeton, calls himself an “accidental sociologist.”
Is anything you hear about education true? Ideology, interest groups, and the replication crisis in education research
The Revolution That Wasn’t: How Digital Activism Favors ConservativesNov4
The Great Demographic IllusionNov18Speaker(s):
Colloquium with Marissa KingDec2Speaker(s):